Get your rose colored love explosion soundtrack on. Break it open, Swim in it, Watch it burrrn…out?
*We hear a lot more now than we ever have before and that creates a challenge. Songs are taking on a shorter shelf life if they’re even being heard at all. OBSOLESCED is a transition that ranges from immediately old songs to legitimately old songs. Nothing “new” to discover here but rather the space between the recent past to the timelessly loved.
MixTape #X [obsolesced]
01. Awake On Foreign Shores (Colin Stetson)
02. I Want To (Best Coast)
03. Last Night At The Jetty (Panda Bear)
04. Starlings (Elbow)
05. Limit To Your Love (James Blake)
06. Wolf & I (Oh Land)
07. Lovesick (Lindstrøm & Christabelle)
08. Look (Sébastien Tellier)
09. Narc (Interpol)
10. Sour Times (Portishead)
11. Drown the Rats and Giants (Colin Stetson)
12. Elephants (Warpaint)
13. The Witching Hour (Wild Nothing)
14. You Won’t Need Me Where I’m Goin’ (How to Dress Well)
15. A Picture Of Our Torn Up Praise (Phosphorescent)
16. You Always Hurt the Ones You Love (Ryan Gosling)
17. Picture In A Frame (Tom Waits)
18. Doyna (The Klezmatics)
19. Ojalá (Silvio Rodriguez y Luis Eduardo Aute)
20. Once In A While (Jackie Gleason)
M83’s much freaked out about DOUBLE LP Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming is scheduled to explode Oct, 18th. “INTRO” (featuring Nika Roza Danilova /or/ ZOLA JESUS), the opening track, started making the rounds today before it quickly disappeared….
Hurry Up We're Dreaming
…here it is.
Intro (feat. Zola Jesus)
“It’s mainly about dreams, how every one is different, how you dream differently when you’re a kid, a teenager, or an adult. I’m really proud of it. If you’re doing a very long album, all the songs need to be different and I think I’ve done that with this one.”
I’m surprised this isn’t circulating more than it is. Not necessarily due to how amazing it is, rather that it’s just happening. As soon as Surfer Blood exploded onto the scene, every critic and their mother has been tossing coins to see if this band just got lucky or were actually as good as they were. Well, they’re hatching a new EP called Tarot Classics and I’m sure some bets are about to be won…